Skip to main content
- The Trick Out Your Treats Contest (the “Contest”) is an online contest with skill and ability components that is sponsored by NICKGREENE.COM, 565 Harper Ave SW, Suite A, Lenoir, NC 28645 (“Sponsor”). The Contest is governed by these Official Rules (“Rules”).
- The Contest is open only to legal citizens of the United States of America who are at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of entering the Contest.
- The Contest is open to individuals only. No companies.
- Employees of the Sponsor as well as immediate family and household members of a Sponsor employee, are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
- Contest judges as well as immediate family and household members of a Contest judge, are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
Agreement to be bound by the Official Rules
- Participation in the Contest constitutes each entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Rules and acceptance of the Rules.
- The decisions of the Sponsor regarding the Contest, are final and binding.
- Winning a prize is contingent upon being fully compliant with these Rules and fulfilling all other requirements as set forth herein.
- The Contest begins on September 1, 2019 at 12am and
ends on Thursday, October 31, 2019 at 11pm EDT (the “Contest Period”).
- Entries received after the Contest Period as defined above will be disqualified.
- Entry fee is $2.
- Entry fee is non-refundable.
- Entrants must submit a photo of their Halloween decoration on the contest website at trickoutyourtreats.com.
- Entrants must also submit a verification photo along with entry.
- The Sponsor will make available a printable document containing a random number.
- Entrants must print document and take a photo of it sitting in front of the decoration. Document must be clearly visible and legible to Sponsor staff.
- Decorations must follow these rules:
- Must be Halloween-themed.
- May not contain gore or adult themes.
- No costumes.
- Must be three-dimensional.
- Decorations may include (but are not limited to):
- window displays (inside or outside)
- front porch displays
- entrance ways
- fireplace settings
- yard displays
- The Sponsor will manually review each entry before it is displayed on the Contest website.
- The Sponsor reserves the right to reject any entry.
- All entries that are in compliance with all terms and conditions of these Rules will be judged on the basis of the following criteria (the “Criteria”), each of which will be given equal weight:
- Adherence to topic
- Use of materials or items
- Attention to detail
- Sponsor will establish a panel of no less than two (2) individuals (each, a “Judge”).
- Judges will evaluate each eligible entry, using a range voting method, assigning a value between 0-10 for each Criteria.
- In the event of a tie, Sponsor's staff will break the tie, basing their decision on the Criteria.
- THE DECISIONS OF SPONSOR AND THE JUDGES WILL BE FINAL. SPONSOR WILL NOT CORRESPOND WITH ENTRANTS ABOUT THE DECISIONS OF THE JUDGES OR THE DETERMINATION OF THE WINNERS OTHER THAN AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED IN THE RULES.
- The Contest prize consists of cash, check, goods, or a combination thereof, not to exceed $1,000 for the first place winner, $500 for the second place winner, $250 for the third place winner, $150 for the fourth place winner, and $100 for the fifth place winner.
- The form of prize (e.g. cash, check, gift card, etc.) shall be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
- Sponsor will award five prizes. (See “Awarding of Prize”)
Awarding of Prize
- On or after October 31, 2019, entries will be judged.
- Winners will be announced on the nickgreene.com Facebook page and notified by email on or around November 9, 2019.
- Winners have 10 days from time of announcement to accept the prize. Prizes not claimed within this timeframe are forfeit.
- Except where prohibited, acceptance of the prize is consent to: (i) allow the use of his/her name and/or photograph, all without further compensation, for advertising, promotional, and publicity purposes by Sponsor.
- By accepting the prize, each winner acknowledges compliance with these Rules and consent to the conditions.
Use of Data
- Winner and registrant's personal information will not be shared with or sold to any third-party.
- The value of any prize awarded to Contest winners may be reported for tax purposes as required by law.
- Contest winners are solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes.
- Contest winners may be required to provide Sponsor with a social security number, taxpayer identification or identification card number, or other identification for tax purposes, and will provide Sponsor with all other information as may be required for Sponsor to comply with all applicable laws in connection with the award of any prize(s) to the winner(s).
- Failure to respond to a winner announcement, or return any required declarations or releases within fourteen (14) days (or any longer time specified by Sponsor in the applicable winner announcement) or to comply with any of the foregoing may result in disqualification and the selection of an alternate winner.
- All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
- Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest or any portion hereof, or to disqualify any individual.
- By entering, participants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and other prize suppliers and each of their retailers, and each of the foregoing entities’ employees, officers, directors, shareholders, and agents (collectively the “Released Parties”), from and against any and all claims, actions and/or liability for any injuries or death, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with participation in and/or entry into the Contest or acceptance or use of any prize or participation in any contest-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
- The Released Parties are not responsible or liable for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, and assume no responsibility for (i) any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in operation or transmission at any website, (ii) failure of any entry to be received by Sponsor due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, (iii) communications line, hardware and/or software failures, (iv) damage to any computer (software or hardware) resulting from participation in the Contest or (v) theft or destruction of, tampering with, unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries and/or entry information.
- The use of third-party software or website or automated entry systems to participate is prohibited, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify entries made in such a fashion.
- By entering, entrants agree to comply with these Rules. Any entrant who attempts to tamper with this Contest in any way shall be disqualified.
- This contest is in no way administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Google.
- Additional restrictions may apply.
- Entrant agrees that (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of North Carolina.